Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Etiquette

Hey guys, its me again. I want to tell you another story because I miss you. The PH hosts billiard tournaments quite often so this is about billiards. I told you the eliminations round is what you watch because you see most of the players. The finals is also important because it is when we finally determine the winner.

Okay so this is about the billiards international open final between Thorsten Hohmann and local player Carlo Biado. Of course we know about Hohmann, the decorated youngish German player. Hohmann leads early, the margin is about 7 to 2 in a race to 11.

Biado is a good player, has good putting skills and has the smarts in placing and preparation. He just needs experience playing with the big boys. So Biado eventually gets the table back, I don't remember the detail. He strings up racks to close the gap 6-7 cause its the winner breaks format. Of course its a local crowd so we all for Biado. The claps gets louder as he climbs the scores. I get jealous on the ones clapping so I clapped as loud as them.

I thought I am gonna one-up these guys so I wanna clap quicker than them. I want to be the starter. Biado breaks the balls and immediately after the balls scattered, I clapped loudly and vigorously.

No one clapped with me. Turns out that Biado did not sink any of the balls.

I was at the back of the crowd encircling the billiard table so they looked back at me. I felt like melting with the harsh, searching and unforgiving eyes. I slowly went away and watched the conclusion from afar.

The moral of the story is do not assume too much. Because it is better to be unassuming. As an audience, the proper etiquette is to respect the players so that their games will not be affected. Because they are also human beings who have emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment