Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Souvenirs

My definition of souvenir is sharing. Sharing of thoughts, experiences, love and memories. An OFW is an Overseas Foreign Worker so you are a worker working in a foreign land. So the way for these people to communicate with their loved ones is through souvenirs.

I think a letter or snail mail or postcards is the number one souvenir because it is a personal account of your thoughts - dreams and frustrations and love and hate. Yes it can be emotional if you are an emotional person. If you are not emotional then you are a rock. But the soft waters of a stream can penetrate a person who is a rock. Kindness can rock the hard at heart. I guess music, the arts and all the good stuff has the same effect. 

I tell you about Filipinos because we like to send balikbayan boxes. Its a big box full of souvenirs.

“At present, there are an estimated 1,500 containers of balikbayan boxes a month, translating to around 18,000 containers a year, or around 7.2 million boxes. Inspections are made on the basis of actual intelligence of a potential violation or threat,” he said.
newsinfo.inquirer.net


As you can see, Filipinos are naturally thoughtful, kind and loving people so be kind to us.

We go abroad because there is better opportunity there. Normally the salary is three times more than we would get here so we just go to uncharted territory for ourselves and our family. It is worth for the professionals and skilled workers because the salary is proportional if you know what I mean. 

I do not like it that we go abroad to be domestic helpers for meager salary. Its not worth it that you leave your family especially the women because they are homemakers and they are weaker vessels that are exposed to danger abroad. I think its better for them to cultivate the countryside and get into small and medium-scale businesses. Believe me, life is better for them here. 

The reason filipino men allow their wives to work abroad is because she can earn more than he can? Wrong. Stupid. Lazy. You are a certified faggot. Man up and wear the pants.

There are few exceptions I must say cause there are also rare women presidents and leaders. There has to be a sign from angels which means you let your wife work abroad because of love. A selfless act which means the wife develops her career abroad. The best thing to do in this case is to join the wife abroad. Because the law said, the husband and wife will be together always, let no man separate. There is nothing between. Not people, not work, nothing can separate you. 

For men working abroad, you have to endure cause it is what it is. You have no choice but to provide for the family. Because this is the best option you have. In the meantime connect to your family through social media. 

This applies to all families so this is a universal law.




I have been to five countries abroad - UAE, Palau, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore respectively and these are souvenirs.

Here is a story though. I was strolling in a Malaysia mall wearing same Chelsea shirt above when I saw a white couple walking towards my direction. As I figured later, they are British. The man pulls out both hands to a gun and acts like shooting me. He said We defeated you. Alright? Manchester United. The wife I suppose is laughing and saying like Do not mind him. I just laughed it off. Later I saw in the news that Manchester United beats Chelsea. I do not follow club football that much. The World Cup though is a must-see sporting event.  

So what does this teaches us? Is to buy more shirts so that you have different looks when shooting selfies.



No comments:

Post a Comment