Sunday, September 6, 2015

Writer's Block

Hi guys, how are you? I am fine if you ask me. Like I have been hinting all this time, I would like to say Goodbye because I cannot think of anything to write about. There have been subjects I left hanging but genealogies and history lessons is of little significance to your faith. The most important thing is you start doing the teachings in the New Testament as I have suggested many times. You can always read back on my blogs. The teachings are easy to understand but there are also things we cannot understand. And to which I need time to ponder upon and hopefully I be given understanding.
1 Timothy 1
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; 2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord. 3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; 7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
Titus 3
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
The verses in the New Testament are mostly self-explanatory. Be busy okay?

As I learned yesterday, the way to beating the writer's block is to read perspectives and new materials, edit your work, and have questions. Thanks to Aentee. You beat writer's block by writing. There is no other way.

Like in the The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. I have seen the first installment in the trilogy at the cinema and its only yesterday I started reading the books. Frodo is a ring-bearer. LOTR has the battle for middle earth. When we talk of ring-bearers, we instantly think of marriage. But who is gonna be married? And to whom? Why are they vehemently against the marriage that the fellowship sought to destroy the ring? What is middle earth?


Epic novels like LOTR are modern-day mythologies. It does have a cult following but not enough to make it a religion as we know it. One thing it teaches us is that an unhappy marriage will turn the couple into Gollums. But if they marry because they love each other for better or worse, they will keep their wedding rings.


@4:40 of LOTR theme above sounds eerily similar to the theme of Survivor. We know that it is possible that a person is influenced by another person. And it is also possible that it is a coincidence, because coincidences happen. I guess it is the same with religions. There are different routes to a destination.

I want to tell you about yesterday. My plan is to walk myself into shape so in the morning I walked from my home here in Sampaloc to SM Manila. The normal route would be passing Espana then skirting the FEU building you get to Quiapo, then cross the Quiapo bridge to Lawton and finally City Hall and SM Manila.

But I went an alternate route going thru Espana, Morayta, Recto and I think its Ramon Magsaysay Extension leading to the schools TIP and NTC then crossing the Ayala bridge which is under construction. At the foot of the bridge you can see SM Manila a stone throw away.

The first route is more straight-away but longer route while the latter is the shorter route though full of turns.


Firstly, I am not saying I am a model okay? I am sharing these pictures as proof of adaptation and evolution. My skin is brown but two months of the sun blackens your skin. I became blacker than this. Its because I worked on airport project where there is scarce shelter from the sun. And my weekends consist of playing tennis under the sun. So in Africa in old times, they produced black skin because not much trees and develop long limbs because they have to hunt and be hunted. The thick lips is necessary adaptation because it makes for less skin. Does this makes sense? Warm air causes matter to compress. So the lips are pulled outside. The pointed nose is an ergonomic design to cut harsh wind. Thus the hot wind caused flat nosed people in Africa in the old times but today Africa needs help. Not with their noses, its for them to survive and get educated.

Q: How would you tell a girl who’s suffering from low self-esteem to feel better about herself? 
A: I’ll tell her to believe in herself because it’s not only physical beauty that’s important but also inner beauty. Like what the Little Prince said, “What is essential is invisible to the naked eye.” And I believe that character and personality are more important than physical beauty. Ruffa Gutierrez, Miss World.
"Do not give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain".

Fables are like fictional stories so it is allowed for amusement and entertainment. But when it comes to good morals and right conduct, you seek the golden rule. World wars are over okay?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment