Monday, October 26, 2015

Migrant Hosting

Good Evening Guys. How's it going? As we know, Turkey plays an important role in the migrant crisis because it has the strategic location cause they provide passage and mini-stop to the migrants traveling from the Middle East to Europe. Land travel is still the least expensive mode of travel. I somehow understand whatever is Turkey's reluctance to this arrangement that they are assigned as hosts. We all have entertained house guests, don't we?

I would say our house is also a strategic location in Manila cause everything is here - the schools, international airports and ship yards, hospitals and other services. So we are frequent hosts to our relatives and family friends from the countryside. I would say we are quite hesitant about it because we tend to mind our own business. But they are relatives so we have to help them. I guess Turkey has just to get used to the idea because it is their duty to help. Also time will come that you will need their help. No country is an island.

Over the years, four of my cousins have stayed here in our house at different times because they went to universities here so we have provided a room for them. One of my cousins actually enjoy same past-time as mine in video games. The problem was he majored in the playstation so much that he flunked college. Not my fault.

There was a time also that my grandma stayed in our house for an extended period of time cause she just had a medical checkup, like months so we were excited to be with her. She cannot climb the stairs so there was a bed for her in the ground floor. We always see her lying on the bed so I told my brother to get some sugar and pack it in small packets and act like he was dealing drugs. My brother told grandma that Be quiet okay? This is our business. Some time later the grandma was up and about searching for the drugs and that she gonna tell the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment