Friday, December 4, 2015

Career Tests

Destructive testing are tests in which you destroy the samples or at least alter the properties. For concrete, we usually get three samples of concrete cylinders and have them compressed up to break down if it achieves the compressive strength in 7, 14 and 30 days. We don't test the concrete for tension because the steel bars make up for it. As you know, reinforced concrete is concrete reinforced by steel bars. We get about two pieces for every diameter of steel bars or as requested by the consultant/owner and test them for tension, bending and shear.

What I am saying is that the people you have communicated with is just a sample size of a whole. So do not generalize when you meet new people because they have an impression on you with regards to their skin color, race, nationality and so on. However first impression lasts so be good ambassadors to your race and nationality.

Something has come up guys, I have a housing project located in San Pablo, Laguna which is a suburb about 2 hours south of Manila. Its only one-storey but I am in-charge. I be staying in my Aunt's place. You guys wanna know how to build a house? Say yes if you want.

I actually drawn the plans for this. The design and the documentation has to be done by others. This is something I wanna suggest on the college curriculum. Because people cannot be everything. I am talking specializations because some people likes to manage things, some likes to design, some likes to estimate and some likes the marketing stuff. Four years for these courses is enough because I've been there.

After graduation I worked with one of top construction companies here where I done mostly office work and documentation. After two years I get bored so I resigned. I was in and out of jobs since. I worked as a property appraiser as I tole you, I supervised work on retail stores, hospital building, fabrication shop, on vacant lots and inside the malls. Then I get to work abroad where I learned a lot because they expected a lot from me. I learned surveying and soil layers because the surveyors was always with me. We plotted the building lines for many projects. And my most recent one is worked with my own crews, constructing concrete structures and I get the crash course in airport engineering in which there is subsoil prep for asphalt.

What I am saying is the students they can learn from me that they can cut short the learning process. Know what you want so you be more productive and successful than I am.

Working for employers is stressful so learn the basics and be your own boss. Its an irony that I work in construction when I love to plant. We need roads in order that the produce from the rural provinces are delivered to the market places and for the basic services like hospitals and communication to be available to the people.


She says no irony in this, I wonder why.


These are the tests women are facing and would be facing, but is applicable to all people. No matter what, be good. You be good even if you are misunderstood, rejected, bed-ridden and have meager salary; even if you lost your savings, grow old, step out of the limelight and lost your fame. That people love you even if you are indifferent. That people love you even if you fart a lot.


Hey guys, don't miss me, a man's gotta work you know. I be back asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment