Thursday, November 5, 2015

Pet Pals

Hi Guys, what grinds your gear? Pet peeves you know are when you throw a monkey wrench into moving gears, the gear grinds the wrench and produces an irritating and uncomfortable noise. And the worst that can happen is that the equipment breaks down. Like it throws off your good mood.

I had a problem with my mobile phone, its a basic android phone so you touch it when you take selfies. It is awkward how to touch the middle of the screen with which finger? WTH. What I mean is one-handed only. I think using two hands in selfies is not cool at all. My previous phone has a button on the side of the phone so it is natural for the thumb to press it. Anyway its mildly irritating cause I seldom take selfies cause I tend to shoot people and the sights.

Another way you deal with pet peeves is to face it. Like it irritated me that I cannot surf the internet from my mobile phone. Actually its more like laziness. So when I breathed in, breathed out and relaxed is that I was able to figure out how to use the 3G. Now I know my mobile phone like the back of my hand.

I have always wondered why are young people into YA or Young Adult novels? Why are people in social media gushing about John Green and his novels. How about me reading a YA novel? The thought of it its kinda funny and awkward. I mean, come on, I have a degree in detective stories from Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie, Raymond Chandler, Jack Higgins - too many to mention actually. Okay haha this one looks fun. In Paper Towns, I find the MCs unique and relatable.


And after, when
we went outside to look at her finished lantern
from the road, I said I liked the way her light
shone through the face that flickered in the dark.
—“Jack O’Lantern,” Katrina Vandenberg in Atlas

Love it that this has double meaning. Her works and her face shine in the dark.

People say friends don’t destroy one another 
What do they know about friends? 
—“Game Shows Touch Our Lives,” The Mountain Goats

The doctor is the friend who aims to hurt you so that you heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment